The primary objective of the Delaware Board of Pharmacy is to promote, preserve, and protect the public health, safety, and welfare. To meet this objective, the Board
- maintains a registry of drug outlets that manufacture, produce, sell, and distribute drugs, medications, and other materials used to diagnose and prevent illness and disease and to treat injury
- monitors the outlets to ensure safe practices
- develops standards for professional competency
- promulgates rules and regulations
- adjudicates complaints against professionals and, when necessary, imposes disciplinary sanctions.