The IAB strongly endorses the view of the Division Advisory Panel of the National Science Foundation Division of Network Communications Research and Infrastructure which, in paraphrase, characterized as unethical and unacceptable any activity which purposely:
- seeks to gain unauthorized access to the resources of the Internet;
- disrupts the intended use of the Internet;
- wastes resources (people, capacity, computer) through such actions;
- destroys the integrity of the computer-based information; and/or
- compromises the privacy of users.