In providing services to individuals, organizations, and the public, psychologists apply principles, methods or procedures of understanding, predicting or influencing behavior.
New York psychologists offer services in a variety of areas:
- Evaluate, counsel and provide psychotherapy for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, nervous, emotional, and behavioral disorders. They provide these services for individuals and groups.
- Administer and interpret tests of mental abilities and aptitudes, interests, neuropsychological status, personality, emotions, and motivation.
- Evaluate and develop habilitation plans and treat individuals for addictions, cognitive impairments, and neuropsychological disorders.
- Provide educational and vocational planning.
- Perform personnel selection, organizational management and evaluation, and advertising and market research.