Here are some highlights to look for in a premium healthcare clearinghouse:
- Eligibility Verification – Determine patient portion before the appointment.
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) – Automatically updates Payments & Adjustments.
- Claim Status Reports – Know the status of a claim at all times.
- Rejection Analysis – Have error codes explained in plain English.
- Online Access – Edit and correct claims day or night online.
- Printed Claims – Have claims automatically dropped to paper when necessary but still be able to track and manage them online.
- Patient Statement Services – Have your patient statements put on “autopilot” at a cost less than what you can mail them out yourself.
- Real-time Support – The best clearinghouses offer one-on-one personal support and training provided by experienced billers.
- Affordability – When you take into consideration the cost of purchasing forms, the cost of printing, envelopes, postage, and time spent, a clearinghouse ends up costing far less than processing paper claims, plus electronically you have the many added benefits.