As you can see, there are innumerable benefits to video conferencing in healthcare. Here are the main perks every hospital should consider:
- Doctors and patients find it easier to reconcile their schedules for video conferencing
- Patients from remote locations do not need to spend as much time and money on travel
- Doctors can avoid house calls and save the hospital’s time and money
- Patients are more likely to get immediate help in an emergency
- Doctors get better training from rare experts located in different parts of the world
- While video conferencing will never completely substitute in-person checkups, it can significantly streamline hospital services and make treatment available to more patients, regardless of their location, financial situation, as well as physical and emotional state vi.