Telehealth related services include:
- Video-based specialty and primary care consultations and follow-up visits.
- Store-and-forward services—the transfer of patient images and data for interpretation by the clinician not necessarily in the presence of the patient, for example, teledermatology and teleophthalmology.
- Hybrid models of both above services to support patient care, including electronic Intensive Care Unit (ICU) care models.
- Remote patient monitoring that involves the collection and transfer of biometric data to a monitoring agency. For example, daily weight, heart rate, blood pressure, blood sugar, electrocardiogram (ECG), and gait.
- Mobile health services that support the earlier mentioned models.
- Patient and provider health education.
- E-consults between providers. xvi xvii